Saturday, July 05, 2008

Fourth of July Fireworks from Atop Lower East Side Apartment






I had the pleasure of going to a party with Angela and Sarah on the rooftop of a tenement in the Lower East Side of Manhattan, which proved to be an ideal location for viewing the fireworks, despite the overcast conditions and light rain. Although I am nowhere near as talented a photographer as either of my two companions, I was pleased with the shots that I managed to get, some of which are included above.

I am still feeling inspired and amazed at the J.M.W. Turner exhibit that I saw last weekend at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and wonder what Turner would have thought of the sight of fireworks going off in the rain over the East River, behind the tall smokestacks of the power plant. I like to think he might have found the scene well worth his while.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mikaela D'eigh said...

Gorgeous! I was able to see some of the fireworks going off at the National Mall while smoking all the pork in my backyard. ;o)

Monday, July 07, 2008 4:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home